Subscribe to receive emails from Real Life in Reverse.

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp

My Pits Stink



Do you remember the commercial from the 90’s put out by Sure Deodorant?   In the first scene a woman proudly throws her arms into the air, confident that her pits don’t stink.  In the next, she hesitates and holds her arms close unsure of the smell that may be lurking.   When it comes to pit smells, nobody wants to be unsure.  Myself included.  
  
Unfortunately, my pits stink. 

I’ve dabbled in this and that when it comes to deodorant.  Women's , men's,  powders, gels, sweetly scented, strongly scented,  unscented,  clinical strength and naturals. In fact,  one of my favorite games to play with my growing collection of deodorant is to assign one to the right pit and one to the left and compare them at day’s end.  My lucky husband has even been known to cast his vote a time or two.  (oh the things we do for love….) 

Through it all I was vaguely aware that some people used the “natural” stuff, although I wasn’t sure  what that meant  or how that smelled.   One of those people happens to be one of our close friends who on more than one occasion has been known to pass around his “primal pit paste” at a party for any takers to try.  I never really gave it a fair shot because lets be real.  Who wants to use someone's deodorant?  Besides, my pit stink  wasn’t THAT bad (I hoped) so I settled to just kind of roll* with it.  

Recently, breakthrough occurred.  

I was given a recipe to try.  I was skeptical but happened to have all of the ingredients on hand so I decided to give it a whirl.  Low and behold, the stuff is fantastic! 

 I love it.  

My clothes love it.

  My husband loves it.  (Especially the fact that my pit smelling games have come to an end)

 My armpits will never be the same again.  That’s a good thing.  


How about your pits?  Anyone out there had any luck making their own deodorant or body products? I’d love to hear your tips and tricks.   


 *pun totally intended.



Comments

  1. Did this irritate your skin at all? I made this same recipe over the summer (to many strange looks from my family) and loved how effective and good smelling it was, but it irritated my poor armpits to no end! Like, painful red bumps, especially after shaving. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Sounds painful Alissa. I am by no means an expert since I have only been using this for a few months but my initial thought lies with the essential oils- they are powerful and can cause skin irritation. You may want to skip the oil all together or try a different oil. I used melaleuca (do terra) in the batch I made. Another thought is if you used cornstarch make sure it is aluminum free or give the arrowroot a try. Hope this helps and thanks for asking. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Subscribe to receive emails from Real Life in Reverse.

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp