Subscribe to receive emails from Real Life in Reverse.

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp

The No Poo Experiment Update

For those of you who read, followed, and most likely cringed at my No-Poo blog post a few months back, you may find this update interesting.  In case you missed it you can click HERE to read all about my greasy mess.

Although at the end of the 30 days I vowed to go back to my normal hair care routine of washing it every day, that has surprisingly not been the case.  My hair has been REALLY different since the experiment.  Like, scary good different. 

It is fuller.

It is silkier.

It is more manageable.

Dandruff does not exsist on my head anymore.  (at least I like to think so)

I have more good hair days than bad.  (unheard of for me people!)

And the BEST part..... I am only needing to wash my hair with real shampoo about once a week!  Yes, you read that correctly.  Since I finished with the experiement I no longer have greasy hair 24 hours after washing it.  I have found that I can go a good 4 days (with straight hair) before it needs to be washed again.  That concept it totally new to me and I am loving every minute of it.

I did purchase a "no poo" shampoo that a curly haired friend of mine recommended which I use about once a week.  It's called Deva Curl No-Poo and is a zero lathering conditioning cleanser.  It is strange to have no lather but my hair looks clean after.


My current hair care consists of Day 1 - using real shampoo/conditioner.... Day 4 using Deva Curl No Poo...and then Day 7 back to real shampoo again.  Easy Peasy!

So I lied, no-poo IS for me which is good because not washing my hair for 30 days for no gain would have been a bummer. 


Comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe to receive emails from Real Life in Reverse.

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp