Subscribe to receive emails from Real Life in Reverse.

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp

After 3 Years of Silence




Three years ago. 


That is how long it has been since I have written a word on this blog.  I went silent when a month into the pandemic, there seemed to be no end in sight.  I just kind of held on like the rest of us, month after month, holding my breath and thinking that surely this will all wrap up soon.  


After a while, I was tired.  I seemed to be out of words and a little disoriented trying to adjust to this new world of closed everything and kids “schooling” from home. (What a joke!)  On top of that just before the Pandemic went down we had the wheels turning on a new thing God seemed to be calling us to and so, we did something extra wild in the midst of it all.  

In December of 2020 we packed up our family and moved across the country to Atlanta, GA to help begin a youth program for refugee youth from all over the World.  Being here has been an adventure of a lifetime to say the very least.  Not just the ‘what’ we were doing, but moving from the North to the South and from a small town to a big city has been a shock!  Every single thing about life is different here in Atlanta.  During the midst of these past 3 years not only did our address change, but so have we.  We are not who we were and we are not yet who we will become either.  Perhaps, that will be another post for another day.  

Our time here has flown by and this June we will be heading into the next chapter of our lives.  This summer we will be taking a 2 month Sabbatical  which will include some International traveling as a family and then as a couple.  In late July, Paul and I will be heading to Spain to hike the Camino de Santiago which is considered one of the top 3 Spiritual Pilgrimages in the World walking in the footsteps of Saint James.  

We aren’t hikers.  We have never particularly had Spain on our bucket list, but here we are heading out on a Spiritual Pilgrimage and yet another adventure of a lifetime.  

For the most part, we no longer have a social media presence but I wanted to be sure and still capture our summer’s adventure.  And so, here I am, breaking my three years of silence and typing up a post again. Writing has continued to be the  fresh air I breathe and so write about it I will. 

For now my plan is to mainly post about the Camino, but who knows if this will open Pandora's box for me in the writing realm again and what I will choose to share.

I invite you to lace up your hiking shoes (or rather, put on those reading glasses) and follow along on this journey if you like.  I’m honestly really not sure what to expect but we do feel a “calling” of sorts to this.  So, I will leave you with the pilgrims greeting on the Camino: “Buen Camino” meaning, “Good Way" and a few pictures of our time in Georgia over these past few years.

Cheers to the start of something new!



















  

Comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe to receive emails from Real Life in Reverse.

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp