Subscribe to receive emails from Real Life in Reverse.

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp

Writing is My Jam


I've enjoyed the process of writing for as long as I can remember.  When I was 9 I wrote an essay for a Father's Day newspaper contest and it made the cut.  A framed clipping of it is still proudly displayed in my parent's home 29 plus years later.  Through my awkward middle school years and into High school, I filled journal after journal with thoughts, which I  occasionally pull out when I need a good laugh.  I enjoyed essays and papers throughout my college years and now into my adult years, blogging has been my outlet.

My first blog was called "The Frugal Find" and focused on all things frugal.  Luckily, that life stage passed along with the focus of my blog.  Next, I started "Mini Van Mom by Friday" as the crazy story of our instant family unfolded.  Today my blog is called "Real Life in Reverse" because I feel this constant draw to go against  the cultural norm.  (Did you read the one where I didn't wash my hair for a whole month?)

I don't know at what point I can consider myself a "writer" exactly.  Maybe that first piece that was good enough to be put in some form of print counts or that moment when I hit a certain number of readers on my blog?  Either way, writing for me has been a gift in many ways.  It has been a fun outlet, a way to process life, and a skill to practice.  

This year, a few new writing opportunities have surfaced.  As a result, I may be a little more quiet on my personal blog as I  learn to manage my time, but I wanted to share these other outlets in case any of my readers want to follow along. 



For the Family:  For the Family is a wonderful ministry aimed towards training families in all areas of life so that families can transform the world.  I was invited to be a monthly contributor so you will be able to find some of my writings there.  Follow this LINK to check out their blog or to subscribe.

Never So Broken:  Never So Broken is a nonprofit who stands firmly by the truth that we are never so broken that we are beyond the redemption of Christ.  This new ministry puts on a fantastic woman's conference each November and has just launched a weekly "insta-devo" on their Instagram account which I have the honor of both regularly writing for and co-managing.  You can learn more about this ministry by clicking HERE and be sure and follow them on Instagram too.  (neversobroken)

AAC Woman's Blog- This blog is a part of Appleton Alliance Church's woman's ministry program. Their mission is "Real woman doing life together."  I'm excited to occasionally be a contributor on this blog as well!   To subscribe or check out this wonderful blog, click HERE.

I don't know what God has in store for my writing or why all of these opportunities seemed to surface all at once, but I'm enjoying it and feel blessed to be a small part of each of these ministries.  I do hope you will  take the time to click over and check them out.

Thanks for sticking with me,
Nicki

Comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe to receive emails from Real Life in Reverse.

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp