Subscribe to receive emails from Real Life in Reverse.

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp

Alter Ego



I have an alter ego and she has a  name courtesy of close friends who have witnessed this phenomenon of sorts.  They call her “Nicole”.  She typically makes her appearance in the midst of a kid-free vacation or in the middle of a whole lot of fun.  She is without a care in the world.    

You see, Nicole is carefree and playful.  She is adventurous and daring,  full of confidence and  even a bit witty. She laughs until her sides hurt and has the ability to be fully present in the moment.  She is genuine and passionate, able to smirk at the future with  goofy optimism. 

“Nicole”, as she has been called, is hands down the best version of me.   

Google defines alter ego as an intimate and trusted friend.   Perhaps she is just that, giving me a glimpse of myself fully alive; free from chaos, insecurities, and fears.  Maybe, like a trusted friend,  she shows up every once in a while to simply remind me of who I actually am.  

 When I get lost under the layers of the day to day, she is there to say “Hey, remember me?  I’m the real you, the one you were made to be.”  

And let’s not forget that the real me, just like the real you, has a lot to offer the world.  

Maybe it’s time we all pay more attention to our alter egos because who knows?  Maybe in that place,  we will discover  the real us who has been there all along.  

Comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe to receive emails from Real Life in Reverse.

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp