Subscribe to receive emails from Real Life in Reverse.

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp

Lizards in Our Life



You guys, sometimes duct tape just doesn't cut it. That was my conclusion while standing on top of a king sized bed yesterday while hotel maintenance crawled around on the floor below with a flashlight in hand.  They were  in search of a lizard who  had scared me nearly half to death only a few minutes earlier. 

.

After a failed attempt at finding the scaly little guy and a whole lot of will power to step down off of that bed,  I found myself alone in the room with a roll of duct tape in my hand and a lizard on the loose.  I was instructed to seal the bottom of our door” just in case” because THAT seems like a logical and super-classy way to remedy the problem.  

.
.

 After waiting a full minute in anticipation for the Candid Cameras to appear (because certainly I was being punked.) I marched my ‘Mid-Western, NOT accustomed to reptiles’ self down to the front desk. 

.

Sorry, not sorry.  I’m not sleeping in a room with a lizard on the loose.  

.
.

After a  “Well you know Mam, lizards do have the ability to scale buildings.” from the man at the front desk and a GIANT eye roll from me, we agreed upon a more reasonable solution to our little problem.  We would be moving up a few floors to a new room.  I could leave the roll of duct tape behind.  

.
.

Sometimes, life is a lot like my experience yesterday.  We encounter a lizard in an unexpected place.  It leaves us feeling rattled, unsettled, and a little fearful of what others will think because after all, it’s just a little lizard.  So, we take the easy way out, we grab the roll of duct tape and try to cover up the problem with a quick fix that still leaves us feeling a bit on edge.  

.
.


Most of the time, that duct tape just doesn’t cut it and we have to look up a few stories to the one who has the real power to get rid of those lizards in our life.  God wants to do more than just hand you a roll of duct tape, He wants to move you up a few floors and restore your peace of mind and strengthen your faith along the way.   

.
.

So the next time you find yourself starting down a lizard in a hotel room with a roll of duct tape in hand, remember the solution is right above you.  Just look up.  


Comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe to receive emails from Real Life in Reverse.

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp