Subscribe to receive emails from Real Life in Reverse.

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp

Cold Press Coffee

Aquiring a taste for coffee has been slow going for me.  I wouldn't consider myself a regular coffee drinker but I would confess to you my new found taste for iced coffee (in particular cold press)  and it's growing place in my heart. 



Bear in mind we aren't talking about gas station pre-mixes or that delicious cup of sugary goodness you get from McDonalds.  It's the real deal.  Coffee, ice, and maybe a little cream and sugar or something of the sort. 

My newfound addiction is just that, addicting.  Having a bad day?..... Kids out of control?... On the road?...Headed to the park?....Running errands?... Fill. In. The. Blank.  It all seems to merit a quick pit stop to the local coffee shop.  An intervention was needed before summer took off full sail ahead.

Luckily, I had noticed a recipe a while back for cold brew coffee and it had found its way onto one of my many pinterest boards. It claimed to be easy, delicious, and a remedy to help keep those dollar bills from making their way through the drive thru window at an alarming pace.

Well what do you know? I tried it and it was love at first sight...or should I say love at first taste?    Seriously, cold press coffee is good stuff... and even better when you doctor it up* a little.  It does take a bit of planning as it needs a good 12 hours to brew but in my opinion, it's worth the wait.

If you are like me and will be needing to satisfy your iced coffee cravings this summer but don't want to fall into the pricey habit of swinging past the coffee shop, I'd recommend giving this a try.  You may be pleasantly surprised.  

Head on over to Gimme Some Oven for a wonderful step by step tutorial.  

* My current favorite way to doctor it up is to take about 1/2 cup of the concentrate, mix it with 1/4 cup of almond milk (preferably plain unsweetened), and then mix in about a teaspoon of honey, maple syrup, or a simple syrup topped with whip cream.  Serve over ice.  Happy Coffee Making!




Comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe to receive emails from Real Life in Reverse.

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp